Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Queue: Smash the system


The Queue
Welcome back to The Queue, the daily Q&A column in which the WoW Insider team answers your questions about the World of Warcraft. Mike Sacco will be your host today.

I got my Mechromancer her first full stack of Anarchy last night. It was glorious, insane carnage.

Andrew_Davis25 asked:

Does anyone else think Lorewalker Cho sounds like an asian Winnie the Pooh? And on that same note, does anyone else think Bold Karasshi (the jinyu you free in the hozen village in Jade Forest) sounds like Optimus Prime? Or am I alone in this?

If Cho sounds like an Asian Winnie the Pooh, it's probably because he's voiced by Jim Cummings, who happens to do the voice of Winnie the Pooh, among lots of other well-known characters.

ninjatwitt asked:

Has anyone played with Windows 8 and WoW yet?

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that it works perfectly fine.

dmezrahy asked:

Does anyone have any idea as how the Battle.net Authenticator works, and how it is able to ensure my numbers are different than everyone else's, always? Or is that not how it works?

Commenter draknfyre had a great answer to this question:
The Authenticator is running a semi-random number generation program that is based on a seed number. This number is unique to your own. The servers are running software which can tell which numbers will come up at any time given the seed number. Your serial number on the back of the Authenticator lets the servers match the Authenticator to the servers. If power to the Authenticator is ever lost, the seed number is reset, and won't work again.

Your Authenticator is constantly generating new numbers, but will only display them when you press the button.

The Authenticator is a DigiPass GO-6. They run about $12.50 each before custom artwork. They used to retail for $25-$50, before bulk discounts, depending on which model of battery life you got. Blizzard has always lost money on them, but considers it an acceptible loss because it's providing you with account security. You basically get the Authenticator for free, you just pay shipping and handling.

Next time you see someone claim they are a scam by Blizzard to "make tons of money", laugh at them.
Alexey asked:

Is there any way to know which dailies you'll get for Golden Lotus as second and, most importantly, third set? I'm almost exalted, but I have some uncompleted achievs and I've had enough of extra grinding already.

For example, I haven't gotten Roll Club even once...


There's no real way of knowing which set of dailies you'll get. Addons can't fish for that information; it's just random. I know people who went from revered to exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent and never got a race daily.

Summer_Sal asked:

"No one has seen Alleria and Turalyon for years." I've seen this on my loading screen a few times and I am extremely curious. I thought the Dev Q&A said they wouldn't be in MoP. What gives? 

That loading screen tip has been there since Cataclysm. They won't be in MoP.

No comments:

Post a Comment