Friday, December 21, 2012

World of Warcraft is ending, what do you delete?


Pretend for a minute end of the world is actually happening*. Fire and brimstone will rain down from the sky, earthquakes will shake apart the globe, and a real life cataclysm will take place.

Besides the fact that I'd be perfectly fine with that (humanity isn't very redeeming these days), I'd need to do something in WoW to mark the end. After all, it's been a constant companion for the last eight years. To mark it I'd do two things.

First, I'd plant myself at the hills overlooking Elwynn Forest and sit down. My first character would be my last -- my warrior. Even though he's no longer my main, I think it'd be fitting to go out with him. He was the character that got me hooked to the game and the people in it.

Second, I'd delete something. I'd pull out my Quel'Serrar, the original one from back in the day, and I'd delete it. Gone. Entirely. Kaput. It would be a dead polly. The only appropriate tribute to the end of WoW for me would be the deletion of the single most meaningful item I had back when things began.

What would you delete at the end? And don't say your character, because when the charred remains of the Earth are found by these guys, they might want to reconstruct WoW and see what all this fuss about CRZ and dailies was about.

*Minor Rant: All this end of the world stuff is stupid. It's fun in some regards because it's not every day that you get mass attention on the world ending, but the fact that some people won't quit talking about it -- and moreso that some people actually believe the world is ending, makes it all stupid. So why this post? Because if I have to listen to a bajillion people opine about it on Twitter, at least I can put it in the context of something fun, like WoW.

1 comment:

  1. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing
    leprestore.com

    ReplyDelete